Senate to Vote on DREAM Act Today!
Call Your Senators NOW and Tell Them to VOTE NO!
The Senate is scheduled to convene at 9:30 this morning and take up the DREAM Act (S.3992), with a vote on whether to proceed with debate expected around 11am. This is a cloture vote, which requires 60 Senators to pass. WE NEED YOU TO CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW AND TELL THEM TO VOTE NO ON THE DREAM ACT!!!!
There is no time to waste. The House passed the DREAM Act last night, 216-198! If the Senate passes it, there may be little we can do to stop it from getting to the President’s desk. Don’t let the open borders lobby use the lame-duck session to ram through legislation the American people don’t want. CALL NOW and tell your Senators:
- You want Congress to focus on helping American workers, not illegal aliens;
- It is unfair to make hard-working Americans – who are already struggling – to subsidize illegal immigration;
- It is unfair to make American students compete with illegal aliens students for precious admission slots and tax-payer subsidized student loans;
- The DREAM Act is an invitation for fraud and chaos in our immigration system;
- Granting amnesty will only encourage more illegal immigration (we learned this from the 1986 amnesty);
- Granting amnesty is inherently unfair—especially to those who go through the system legally and wait YEARS (outside of the U.S.) to get their green cards.
To find the phone numbers of your Senators, click here.
Visit us on the web at www.fairus.org or contact us by phone at 202 328 7004.